You will be expected to have at least one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Creative Media Production
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject.
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by a recognised institution
- An international equivalent of the above
- Related work experience
Plus you will usually have five GCSE subjects including Maths (or equivalent) and English Language at grade C or above is strongly recommended. We will normally accept Key Skills and Higher Diploma qualifications as the equivalent to GCSEs.
What if I don’t meet any of these entry requirements?
Even if you have few or no formal qualifications, you may be able to gain entry to the course if you have the required communication and learning skills, as well as the knowledge, experience and motivation to succeed.
You will be required to take and English and/or Mathematics skills test if you do not hold GCSE Maths and English qualifications or their recognised equivalent. You may also be interviewed for the course.
You may need to take an Access course or Foundation (Year 0) course first. If you have been away from academic study for a while, these courses are a great way to get you back into studying. Or if you have never studied before, they help you learn new study skills, essential for success in higher education.